Norwegian Directorate of Immigration

25.01.2013 // The Directorate of Immigration (UDI) is the central agency in the immigration administration in Norway. The UDI has the overall responsibility for coordinating the immigration administration.


Read more about immigration to Norway on UDI's website. Here you can also find some information in Nepali.

Visa. Many foreign citizens need a visa to visit Norway. What type of visa you need to apply for depends on the reason for visiting. Different types of visa have different conditions, and there are also different conditions for you as an applicant. Read more about visa on the UDI website. Please note that all travelers to Norway have to contact the Danish Embassy in Kathmandu for obtaining a visa.

Studies. If you wish to study in Norway for longer than three months you must apply for a residence permit for students. UDIs website contains information about which studies constitute grounds for a residence permit. There is also information on how to apply and which rights a study permit entails.

Family immigration. If you have a family member living in Norway, or you want to set up a family with a person living here, you can apply for a family immigration permit to come and live together with him or her. Read more about family immigration on UDIs website.

Work and residence. If you are going to work in Norway, you will as a main rule need a residence permit. On this page you will find more info on work and residence.

A permanent residence permit entitles the hgolder to live and work in Norway indefinitely. The UDI website contains information regarding the requirements for obtaining a Norwegian permanent residence permit, and how you go about applying. Please note that in Nepal, the Embassy of Denmark represents Norway in terms of resident permit applications.  

Bookmark and Share